Thursday, September 27, 2012

more...DAY TWO: Home, James

The first day of principal photography for Home, James is wrapped, and we're all feeling good.  Except me.  Mainly because every single flying insect in Tulsa is currently dive bombing my computer screen as I write this.  Like, hundreds of them.  And they aren't small.  Land of the Lost type bugs.  Normally, Super Su sits outside with me to attract the annoying fuckers away from me (fact: biting insects prefer Asian people over us boring, old white dudes), but he's currently "checking today's dailies" or some lame excuse.  BTW, Super Su decided to wear a burkha today for some strange reason...


Diva.

But seriously, shooting went well, despite a few brief rain showers.  We got what we needed/wanted, and it looks/sounds great.  I did, however, experi....holy shit, that spider's fucking huge!  Ahhhhhhh!  I want to kill all of these insects with fire.  Sorry, moving on...I did experience some strange RF hits on the wireless systems, which is weird because we were in the middle of nowhere, more or less.  My only guess is that those fuckers from August: Osage County are to blame.  Fuck you, Clooney!  It was only temporary, though and didn't cause any major problems.  The talent is great, the crew is great and our catering - the most important part of the day - was fantastic.  I give our first shoot day a solid A.  I would also like to thank the sweet old lady at the wig shop yesterday for covering my ass and selling me some "male grooming tape," which is genteel speak for "toupee tape," a super useful double-sided tape commonly used for securing lav mics...because I forgot mine in NYC.

I'm sorry.  I'm totally distracted by this guy, as he creeps ever closer to me...



Gonna leave you with two things:  The first is a picture of Super Su on his inaugural ride with the camera car.  The second is a short video proving that in Tulsa it's totally cool to suddenly pull over, set up a camera and start shooting...in the parking lot of a strip club.  The dudes and "entertainers" walking in and out didn't even bat an eyelash.  New Hollywood indeed!




BTdubs, have I mentioned that I've been plagued for the past two nights by nightmares about genetically enhanced killer monkeys?  Stupid Dean Koontz book.

TERRIFYING DAY TWO UPDATE!!!!

Putting the other spider to shame, this guy just showed up...


No comments:

Post a Comment