Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DAYS FOUR/FIVE:  Home, James

Sorry, you guys!  We had our first overnight shoot last night and due to a serious case of the tireds I was unable (didn't want to) give a timely blog update.  All three of you must have been disappointed to the max!

As noted one inch above, we had an overnight shoot at Arnie's Bar last night.  It's was our first of four night shoots there and it was a bit kray-kray (which is actually a reference to the Kray twins and not the word "crazy," btdubs).  The 8pm to 2am portion of shoots there are when the bar is actually open and, as I've come to learn, Tulsalians (?) kind of like to drink.  And be loud.  And then drive home.  So, kind of like Los Angelians, but with less fake boob.  Of course, after they closed it was a pleasant, controlled environment and a total joy to be there.  Although, I did have a flashback (PTSD) to my days of working on cooking shows due to all of the ambient noise from the refrigerators, beer coolers, florescent novelty lights, etc.  Back in the trenches, y'all!  We were also joined by two new cast members: Rick (the only other person on the shoot with a beard, so we obviously look alike!), and Mary Mary Why You Buggin'? (bet that was a bitch to fill out on her SATs.)  Oh, and Julie's cousin Greg (Gary?)  He pretty much rules in all ways possible.  Given that, I guess I should probably learn his name.  Hey, that's NOT MY DEPARTMENT!

Side note: The catering was once again spectacular, but I'm not sure it was money well spent.  When you crunch the numbers on pork chops, mash, and sautéed veggies for fifteen people at 11pm, it probably would have been more cost effective to have just purchased one bottle of chloroform and several rags.  The end result would have been surprisingly similar.  I hear that Clooney just throws chicken feed on the ground and yells, "fight!" for his crew (kidding!  He has an unpaid PA do it, of course!)

Speaking of our good friend Clooney, he had a cash machine delivered to our set last night just to remind us of how much more money he has than we do.


I am not exaggerating at all when I say the following: no matter who tried to use that machine the only thing that would come out of it was a receipt that read: Insufficient funds...to buy a villa in Italy.

Also, this was there:




Hmmmm.  Today's post sucks.  Sorry about that.  I'm off my game.  I mainly blame Dean Koontz for COMPLETELY BLOWING THE END OF THE BOOK I WAS READING.  Totally not worth several nights of nightmares about genetically enhanced killer monkeys.  Pfft!

Positive ending note:  after a massive fuck up on Fedex's part, my sound table has finally arrived.  BTdubs, is she or isn't she married?



Okay, back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment