Thursday, October 11, 2012


T MINUS 2 DAYS UNTIL "TULSAGEDDON":  Home, James

This is it...almost.  We're on our second to last shoot day here in Tulsa.  After that, it's off to LA to finish this thing up.  Well, actually, I go back to NYC for two days of shooting something else and then to LA (I live in airports, don't you know...) for the last week of the Home, James shoot and, more importantly, the bratwurst platter at Red Lion Tavern.  Anyway, I have good news and bad news:  Chelsea is 4 points up in first place in the Premier League.  That's the good news.  The bad news is that Southampton is 1 point out of relegation.  But, there's still a lot of season left for them to completely shit the bed and disappear from Premier League again.  None of this has anything to do with the film shoot, but whatevs.  Live with it.



So, it's still the House of Death and Despair over here on Toledo Street, but the show must go on.  I'm sure our overnight shoot tonight is going to be a ball of laughs.  We've basically told anyone on the crew that isn't already on the DL to just bag it, so they don't get sick, too.  Except for me and Jonathan. Our art is more important than our health!  And it appears that Hollywood Dacey managed to render incapacitated whatever it was that was making him sick by ingesting massive amounts of beer last night.  High five to Hollywood for doing whatever it takes to GET THIS THING DONE!

I have to say that I'm a little bummed out by the retarded summer camp that is the Tulsa leg of the Home, James shoot coming to an end.  Mainly because it will seriously limit my list of things to complain about over the coming weeks.  No more giant insects.  No more flesh-eating t-shirts.  No more played out Outsiders references.  But, all good things must come to an end.

Hilarious side note:  I'm listening to Super Su and Dacey have an incredibly weird conversation about something that may or may not have happened while they were both feverishly ill.  Basically, neither has any idea what the other is talking about.  Lots of awkward silences and blank stares.

I'll try to get one more update in before I leave the Dust Bowl, but I wouldn't count on it.  Due to canceling yesterday's shoot on account of everyone barfing, we have a ton of stuff to get done in the next 48 hours.  But keep an eye out on Sunday for Ken's Complete Wrap-Up and Remembrance of All Things Tulsa.  It will be written from the safety of NYC, where everything makes sense and people are normal.  Oh, and where I will finally eat pizza again.  I don't eat pizza if it's not in NYC or New Haven.  Period.

Sorry for the boring update.  I'm only human, you know.

On another important note...

If you haven't already, please check out the web series that Jacob Hensberry, Super Su and I made recently.  Here's the link to it:  Planet X the Series




No comments:

Post a Comment